|PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING WITH THE TAMILNADU NURSES AND MIDWIVES COUNCIL|
Before a candidate can be accepted for the training programme he/she is required to register with the Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council. The address is as follows:
The Registrar, Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council,
Jayaprakash Narayanan Maligai,
140, Santhome High Road (Near Santhome Church)
Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004, Tamilnadu
The application for registration with the Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council (TNNMC) must be obtained from the TNNMC on payment of Rs.10/- for each form (require two forms for Nurse and Midwife registration). The duly filled in TNNMC registration application must be submitted to the Council directly along with the following:
1. Registration fee is.Rs.390/- for each registration (Nurse Registration – 390/-, Midwifery registration – 390/- and each higher grade qualification – 390/- each).
The total amount can be in the mode of demand draft drawn in favour of
“Registrar, Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council” payable at Chennai.
2. Original and Xerox copies of the Nursing Degree/Diploma certificates.
3. Original and Xerox copies of the registration certificates from the State Nursing Council, where you have obtained the Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
4. Xerox copies of the basic educational qualification certificates and proof of date of birth.
5. Course Completion certificate for the Nursing programme (s), mentioning clearly
the duration of the course (day, month and year).
After submission of the above, it may take few weeks for the TNNMC Registration Certificate to be issued. Candidates are therefore advised to bring the above mentioned documents along with them when they come for the entrance test and interview, so that these documents and the application for the registration with the TNNMC may be submitted by the candidates selected for admission soon after announcement of the list of selected candidates, and the medical check up is over.