Welcome to the CMC EQAS cycle 2024.
The EQAS program is intended to develop awareness regarding Quality assurance to all levels of labs in India, as part of improving overall patient related diagnostic services in Clinical Chemistry.
The new cycle of External Quality Assurance Scheme [EQAS] will begin in January 2024. The scheme provides twelve lyophilized human sera, whole blood samples (HbA1c) and urine in batches of four, thrice a year.
The following programs are included into the scope of accreditation by the NABL as per ISO/IEC 17043:2010 which are Chemistry I (22 parameters) and Chemistry II(9 parameters), Thyroid Hormones & Cortisol(5 Parameters), HbA1c, Reproductive Hormones, , Tumor Markers, Urine Chemistry and Urine (Microalbumin & Protein), Biochemical Markers for Down's screening. Cardiac Markers & Trace Metals are non accredited.
An online feedback form for the 2023 cycle will be posted on the website by 1st week of January 2024. The participants are requested to fill it up and submit the same before 30th January 2024. This is mandatory for those labs who have participated in the 2023 cycle.
Dispatch of samples for the year 2024 will be done once in four months, during the 3rd week of December 2023, April 2024 and August 2024. The laboratories are requested to reconstitute the correct sample, analyze and enter the results in the website before the 20th of every month. Any amendments can be made only till the 25th of the month and it should be sent through an email only clearly mentioning the lab number and reason for amendment. Once the report is published on the EQAS website, no amendment can be made. Evaluation of the report is based on ISO 13528:2015 recommended expressions such as Robust mean for the designated value and SDI (Z score) for individual parameters.
Clinical Biochemistry CMC, Vellore
Christian Medical College does not accredit or certify any laboratory's performance. So, it is unethical to mention that the laboratory is certified/accredited by CMC. Participation in the EQAS cannot be used for advertising or promoting their laboratory's business.
1. Each cycle is from January - December. Labs are allowed to register anytime during the cycle paying full registration fee which will be valid only till the end of the cycle.
2. Participation certificate will be issued after the completion of the cycle, to labs that have sent results for at least 6 months in that cycle.
3. The certificate will not be issued in individual's name, but only in the name of the laboratory.
4. Requests for change of address on participation certificate after issue of the same on the existing address, will not be encouraged. Such reuqest should be sent by email before December.
5. As soon as you receive the sample pack, check for breakage. If any vial is broken, inform us within 5 days of receipt. Replacement of vial will not be made after that.
6. Please update the results into the website before the due date. Results sent through email attachments or post will not be accepted.
7. Kindly mention your Lab number in all your correspondence.
8. Do not share or discuss the results with other participants before updating to prevent collusion of results.
9. If there is a delay in dispatch of EQAS samples due to unavoidable circumstances such as State/Nation wide, then a message will be sent to participants by mail & Bulletin cirucular.
10. Tracking of samples dispatch is the responsibility of the participant and can be viewed under "Samples dispatch details" option in our website.
11. If any lab wants to withdraw form the scheme, it should be given in wirting and the hard copy of should be sent by post. The letter with signature of lab director/organisation can be scanned and sent by email. Partial refunding will be made based on the number of samples already sent. No cancellation or refunding is possible after the month of June.